PENNSAID 2%: Get relief where the pain is
Osteoarthritis (OA) can cause the pain you feel in your knee. PENNSAID 2% is targeted pain relief — it’s a topical solution that you apply directly to your knee.
PENNSAID 2% is a topical, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID for short. All NSAIDs — including pills, gels, creams, and over-the-counter medicines like ibuprofen and naproxen — have a risk of serious cardiovascular (heart) and gastrointestinal (stomach) side effects.
Ask your doctor if PENNSAID 2% is right for you.
Pay as little as $0 with the PENNSAID 2% co-pay card
Save money every time you fill your eligible PENNSAID 2% prescription*
*Terms and Conditions: Card cannot be combined with any other rebate or coupon, free trial or similar offer for the specified prescription. Not valid for prescriptions reimbursed in whole or in part by Medicaid, Medicare, VA, DOD, TriCare, or other federal or state programs (including state prescription drug programs). Offer good only in the United States at participating retail pharmacies. Absent a change in Massachusetts law, offer not valid in Massachusetts after July 1, 2019. Offer not valid where otherwise prohibited by law. Horizon Pharma reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend offer without notice. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card is prohibited by law. This card is not insurance and is not intended to substitute for insurance. Participating patients and pharmacists understand and agree to comply with all Terms and Conditions of offer. Patients must be 18 or older. Program managed by PSKW & Associates on behalf of Horizon Pharma.
If you are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or any similar state or federal program (such as a state prescription drug program), you are not eligible for the co-pay program.
It's easy to apply PENNSAID 2%
See how to apply PENNSAID 2% directly to the knee
Apply PENNSAID 2% twice a day directly to the knee
PENNSAID 2% is easy to use. Apply two times a day to the front, back, and sides of the knee. The PENNSAID 2% pump gives you the recommended dose of 40 mg (2 pumps) each time you use it.
There’s no messy measuring or complicated dosing.
How to prepare the PENNSAID 2% pump
Before you use PENNSAID 2% for the first time, you need to prepare the pump. Push the pump down fully 4 times to prepare it. Throw away any liquid that comes out when you do this. This will ensure that you get the correct amount the first time you use PENNSAID 2%. Your new PENNSAID 2% pump is now ready to use as directed.
How to apply PENNSAID 2%
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after applying PENNSAID 2%.
- Remove the bottle cap and press the pump head down firmly and fully to dispense PENNSAID 2% into the palm of your hand. Release the pump head. Then press the pump head down firmly and fully a second time. Put 2 pumps of PENNSAID 2% either on your hand or directly on your knee. When you use PENNSAID 2%, you can hold the bottle
at an angle.
- Apply on clean, dry skin without cuts, infections or rashes.
- Spread PENNSAID 2% evenly on all sides of your painful knee. If both knees have OA, then repeat on the other knee.
- Allow the treated area to dry before covering.
Do not get PENNSAID 2% in or near your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you get PENNSAID 2% in your eyes, rinse your eyes right away with water or saline. Use PENNSAID 2% only twice daily as prescribed.
SELECT IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Wash and dry hands after use.
- Protect knees from natural and artificial sunlight.
- Do not apply to open wounds.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wait until area is dry to cover with clothing or apply sunscreen, insect repellent, cosmetics, topical medications, or other substances.
- Avoid using dressings that seal a wound.
- Do not apply external heat.
- Avoid exercise after application of PENNSAID 2%.